Will you be walking your child to class on the first day of school?

my kids go back tomorrow I am thinking about walking my second grader to her class my fourth grader is a big boy I don't think he wants me to walk him. :(
Anyway just trying to get back into the groove of things...ugh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yes...we have done our walk thru already just in case the parking is horrible...but I would like to walk him up~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:10 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I will, is her first day, she probably needs some support
    RociodelPilar

Answer by RociodelPilar at 12:11 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My kids school has this new rule now where you drop your kid off in the main foyer and the teachers come get their kids and walk them to their classroom and after school the kids are brought to the main foyer and have to wait to be picked up or walked out to the bus....parents and visitors are not allowed in the hallways unless they have a special pass. yeah it is messed up and the other parents are tolerant because they don't know any better, it is a small rural town. I am not from here and have worked in a school district that had a much better system so I think I will be showing my voice sometime this year.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:15 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My girl's school allowed parents to walk kindergarteners to class the first two days. We took her and walked her the first day, letting her lead us there so we could make sure she knew where it was. From then on she took the bus. After the second day there is someone there who opens the door for the smaller kids and points the way or leads the lost ones.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I will not. I think we are only allowed to see them to the lining up part and then they are escorted into the classroom by their teacher. Of course I am going to be more distressed than she is.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:46 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I walked my 4th grader to his classroom where he dumped his backpack and ran off to the playground to find his friends. With my kindergartener I walked him into the cafeteria to the table where his class meets, then the parents all went with their kids into the classroom to listen to the teacher explain how the year would go.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:00 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'll walk my 1st and 4th graders in and just drop off my 7th grader (its not "cool" for mom to walk you in t that age lol) I always go in with them the first day of school in elem.

We have a open house the week before school starts to find the classroom pick a seat and meet the teacher and ask questions. The first day is more of a walk them in to make sure they go to the right room and stop at the door and wave good bye.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:12 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes-My DS is starting Kindergarten Sept 3rd..
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:47 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• all through elementary I have walked my son to class, even this year and he is in fifth.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:55 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• On the first two days of school I walked them to their classroom. The following week my daughter walks her brother to class and then she goes to class.
    Sweetie564

Answer by Sweetie564 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 23, 2010