Can you help me decide?

I am thinking about doing some babysitting maybe 3 kids @ 25.00 a day M-F 6-6.
But can you tell me the ups and down on this. My dh says I can do what ever I decide but I am not sure bc my dh works weird hours and on the days he is off I'd like to spend my time with him if I babysit that means I will have these kids....Undecided... help and Thanks ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well when he has time off why can't you all go to the park or something? you want to do this but want to be with him...well what if you had a real 9-5 job you would still have to work no matter what. if your having conflict over spending time with him and having to do something for income...then don't do this because you will just grow to resent the kids and get irritated. You have to be 100% commited to caring for other peoples kids and they rely on you so that they can work. you cannot just one day say you are done and tell them to find someone else.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:22 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• To be honest with you, daycare and babysitting always sounds a lot better than it is, for precisely the reason you said- when you husband is home, you will be working. It's not easy, that's for sure. Babysitting and daycare is one of the hardest things to do because someone else is entrusting you with the most precious possession they have.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:15 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• $25 for 12 hours? For each kid or all 3? Either way, you need to raise your price!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:18 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It's hard to be a babysitter for someone else's child. Much less three. Since your husband works weird hours, are you really sure this is a good idea? If you would like alone time with your husband when he's off, it will be much more difficult to do this with three kids around. I would really think hard before you make your decision.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:22 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• make up a contract for clear expectation and when to pay you and how to get out of service for each side. check your insurance. you might need to get licensed. check out the craiglist babysitting ads to get an idea of want people are offering. you might need a twist....nature program. organic foods, themed learning~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:18 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• way...I pay 20 bucks a hr for non nursing childcare and 40 bucks and hr for a RN...and that is under paying~but I have medically fragile kids~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:20 AM on Aug. 23, 2010