Did you ever feel like you had your kids at the wrong time?

Currently I am 13 weeks pregnant. We did want to have another child, we already have a three year old girl. So we thought that it was the right age to have our second and last. The thing is that I have been feeling like I should've waited a little bit more to have another baby. There have been so many cuts at my job, and I will have to take maternity leave. I don't know how my boss is going to take that I am pregnant. I have been worrying so much about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't really think it's ever the perfect time to have a child. You can sit there and think of a million reasons why you should not. But, if everyone thought before they acted, we'd have no children! LOL! I used to think like you, I had my first at 19 and my second at 23. That was 25 and 22 years ago! Where I am now, I would have it no other way. I am still young enough to enjoy the grandchildren. There are kids in my granddaughter's class that have parents as old as me!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:21 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes, I wish I would have waited about 7 more years!
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 12:21 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• ya...3 kids in 3 different schools...should of had them closer in age
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:22 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No. My son was a surprise, but I feel like it was perfect timing.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:23 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Sometimes I start to think that, but if you really start to think about it there is only one chance in billions that your child ends up to be who he/she is, sooooooo if you would have conceived at some other time, the child you have now would not exist, he/she would be a completely different person. When I think of it like that I can't even imagine not having my two girls just the way they are. I believe that everything happens for a reason and you have kids when you are meant to have them. I wouldn't change my babies for the world. <3
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:25 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No I had my daughter at 15 years old,and I dont regret it one bit! it was like she was meant to be there at that time no later...no sooner.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:25 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• When she was a baby I did. I worried a lot about affording things. I think if that condom hadn't broke we never would have found the "right" time. I'm glad now that we had her when we did. If I could go back and point myself to another condom pack, I would not do it :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• theres never a perfect timing imo... there are always things that will come up, you maty sometimes feel that your kids to are too close together or too spaced out.I wouldn't think too much about when would have been a better time... just take each blessing as it comes :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No, I had my son at 17 and wouldnt change it for the world because without him I would still be on a path of destruction.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• take a deep breath. everything will work out in the end even if something goes wrong. There is never really a perfect time to have kids. They like to surprise us :) I'm sure just like with your first child, there will be ups and downs and hard times to have to pull through, but you will make it. You make what you have work, that's life. I'm 19, a month away from having my first child, (still with the father thank you very much, and we've been together for a few years now so...he's really not going anywhere) but I'm still trying to finish college and he wants to finish a technical college degree so he can get a better job eventually, it would have been nice to start a family a little bit later but that's not how it worked out and that's ok. Like my boyfriend told me when I told him I was pregnant, "not unwanted, just a little bit early than hoped." Good luck and congrats! :)
    sake1521

Answer by sake1521 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 23, 2010