Do you use parental controls on your Computer and/or Television?

My children are not quite old enough to use the computer but I don't think it will be long, maybe a few years. I still have it on both my computer and my television. Some of the things I have seen on the internet are very disturbing and wrong. And some of the things I have seen done by children are even worse. How can we keep our children safe in todays world?

GFXMommy

Asked by GFXMommy at 8:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• well I know my dad got a real cheap computer for my niece and she has her games my parents bought for her on there. If she wants to go onto the internet my dad logs her in and gets her to the site she needs (she does those webkin things ;-D).
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 9:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• No but I monitor what my kids do.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Hi there! Yes, I do both of those things. Also, our computer is not in a bedroom or back office, it is in the kitchen/dining area where visible by all. Also, if my son is on the computer it is not without me getting him to the site that he wants to go. Have you watched those To Catch A Preditor shows? We can never to too careful for our kiddos!
    ScoutingMom

Answer by ScoutingMom at 9:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2008