What would you do if you found out you have a year to live?

I was watching the pilot for "The Big C" and it got me thinking... What would you do if you found out you had a year to live? Would you do something crazy? Would you make instructional videos for your spouse on how to make ponytails or how to make a proper halo for the Christmas program? Would you tell your kids?

I think i would be tempted to try to find my "replacement." Don't know if i would trust hubby to find girlfriend/wife who would be the kind of mother I would want them to have. Sorry... feeling a bit morbid tonight. :P

karamille

Asked by karamille at 12:48 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My mom left me a note when I was 3 and she thought she wasn't coming home from a hospitalization. it actually took years for that disease to finally take her and I found the note after she died. It was just as relevant then. if I had a year to live I write out everything I think my son should know. My wisdom, my thoughts, hopes, dreams and memories. I would scrapbook every picture I have and share what my memories of the events in those photos were. I would spend as much time as I had left giving him all the memories we could stuff into that time. I would also fight like hell to make it longer.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 8:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would make sure my soul was right,get my kids straight and wait.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:56 AM on Aug. 23, 2010