Help! Should I move to Portland or Salem OR?

My family is think about moving to Portland or Salem OR. this June. Where would be the best place to live? How much is housing or apts??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Travel

• hmmmm My vote would be portland but its spendy, I live in Eastern oregon right now but would much rather live in portland near OMSI, the zoo, and the many other things they have. Salem seems okay I havent spent much time there only really driven through it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:01 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• LOL, 3-ring-circus.... we live in Portland but are thinking of moving to Eastern Oregon for lower cost of living, and better schools (Portland schools are SHITE). Also, we want land.

The grass is always greener, huh?
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 1:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• LOL Where in eastern oregon? I promise not all the schools out here are better but there are some good ones. The only problem out here right now is yes its cheaper to live but harder to find work unless you work at a prison (which is your best option out here right now)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:23 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I live on the out skirts of portland its nice close to the mountain, close to the beach I pay 956 for a 3 bedroom :)
    anfisasmommy

Answer by anfisasmommy at 2:16 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Jesus dude. I grew up literally, in Salem. PASS on Salem. It's awful, depressing, nothing to do, unattractive, in the valley so foggy all the time, bad food, little entertainment. All of my peer group that grew up there feel the same and we all fled after college. I even dread visiting my poor parents who I urge to move away at least to Eugene or Ashland. Porltand is WAY WAY WAY WAY better. Please trust me on this. Salem is foul. Think nothing but McDonald's and Shari's restaurants and little job opportunities. Yuck. And my Dad was a doctor. He just had his practice there so that is why we were there (moved from Canada). It's just really awful. Even Wilsonville or West Salem would be a step up. Good luck. email me for more info.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I say Portland.GL Happy Movin
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2010