2yr old fighting nap tim by going to the bathroom in her bed HELP!

So my DD is2, and is usually good about naps, but the past few weeks she has been taking her pull up off and pooping and peeing in her crib to avoid the nap, she knows ill come clean it up, and even for that short time it takes thats enough for her, i lay her back down after cleaned up but still!!! she never has potty problems,been potty trained for like 8months now and i only give her pull ups as precaution at sleep times most of the time she doesnt go in them anyways, and i always have her go to bathroom b4 naps/bed to make sure so i know she knows what shes doing, not just an accident, how do/did u handle this???

kyliebugs_mommy

Asked by kyliebugs_mommy at 1:01 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My boys never did that, but we would take a nap together. We would both nap in my bed, as soon as they were asleep, I would be up and go about my business.
    xpandyourmind

Answer by xpandyourmind at 1:06 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• maybe she is ready to give up her nap?? Both my kids gave up their naps by 2.5 yrs old.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:06 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Keep her in a pull up at night time, but put her in footie pajamas... However, put them on backwards. She will have real fun trying to get that off =).
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• she just may be not wanting to nap anymore..kids usually stop around age 2 to 3 yrs of age but sleep longer at night.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:23 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yeah, it sounds like she is ready to give up her nap. You might tell her that instead of a nap now you will have a queit time. She doesn't have to sleep but has to play quietly. Set her up with books and some simple toys and tell her she has to stay in her room but can quietly play with those things. I know friends who this works for but when my boys gave up their naps I didn't do a formal quiet time. I just had them watch Sesame Street or something, color with supervision, etc. (the TV was a treat because we did not have the TV on all day). GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:35 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• let her nap when she's ready
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:37 AM on Aug. 23, 2010