I cant sleep without hubby and he is starting a night shift tommorow!!!

I cant sleep without him to the point that I will be forced to be awake all night if he never shows up...much like tonight! He usually works his 1st job 4pm-9pm but starting tommorow he will also work 2nd job 9:30pm-7am. I am so proud of him but how on earth will I sleep!?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 1:25 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I had the same problem. I sleep with a body pillow now, or if I'm really lonely, I'll let my DD sleep with me. :)
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 1:26 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Same problem here. I can sleep if he leaves after I fall asleep. Maybe that will help...
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:27 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Been doin' the night shift for...mmmm....about 14 or 15 years now. It was hard at first. Get a body pillow or big stuffed animal to snuggle (raid your kids' stuffed toys!), keep a light radio on to keep your mind off that creaks and crinkles of the house, get a dog it if makes you feel safer (personally we have a security system). In time it gets easier and pretty soon you won't be able to sleep WITH him cuz he hogs your whole bed :)
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:28 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i know exactly how you feel. my fiance work night shift. i trained myself to stay up all night and we sleep together when he gets home. works out pretty well cause our newborn daughter likes to be awake at night
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:29 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My boyfriend works night shifts and when he first started working them I would miss him so much but it got better. I usually try to spend more cuddle time with him when we get a chance so it makes up for cuddling at night a little bit. :) I also try and get stuff done after he leaves for work and I tire myself out so I can just lay down and fall asleep knowing that he will be laying next to me when I wake up :)
    sake1521

Answer by sake1521 at 1:39 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• That stinks. I'm sorry. I totally know how that is. My husband just got out of 7 years of night shift.
    You might shift everyone over to his schedule, unless you have school age kids.
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 1:52 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i had a really hard time at first when my dh would be gonna on weekend duty but now im used to it. and have no problems sleeping. you will get used to it.
    koensmom22

Answer by koensmom22 at 2:27 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I had the same problem when SO deployed but I have his pillow with his cologne sprayed on it.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 2:32 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You will get used to it after a while it takes time
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:33 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• When my dh is away on business I spray his pillow with a little bit of his cologne.  It really helps me because when I close my eyes and smell his cologne, it feels like he is there with me.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:49 AM on Aug. 23, 2010