weight watchers and breastfeeding

I know I am allowed extra points for breastfeeding but I'm not sure how many. My momTHINKS it's 2 or 3 but isn't positive... I want to make sure I'm getting enough so I can continue to have nutritious milk for my son and still be able to lose the baby weight.

alinker

Asked by alinker at 1:58 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Nursing mothers get 10 extra points while exclusively nursing. Then when the baby starts solids, you can tinker with it a bit to find out exactly how much you need to lose weight and maintain supply.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:04 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Honestly, I wouldn't give any extra points for breastfeeding unless you're losing too fast or absolutely starving. When DD was younger I made the mistake of thinking "oh, it's ok to eat more I'm bfing!" and it was VERY counter productive. Perhaps it wouldn't have been so bad had I actually been monitoring my intake. But at about 6 months I gained back everything I'd initially lost after she was born.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 9:08 AM on Aug. 23, 2010