How do you fold up a tent and get it back in the bag it came in?

I can never get those tents back in the bag it came in, no matter how me and DH fold it, we can't get the air out of it. It simply takes alot of work to take your time folding a tent so tight to get it zipped up back in it's original bag. Does anybody else have this problem. If you get your tent back in it's bag, how do you do it? We just fold ours up and strap a bungie cord around it, to hold it together. We just bought a new tent too, brought it home and set it up to practice setting it up and we couldn't get the new tent back in it's bag, so now it's just folded up and rolled up with a bungie cord around it.

Honda309

Asked by Honda309 at 7:25 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• This is what my husband does also, lol. I don't deal with it. I deal with the other camping stuff.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:29 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• We leave all doors and windows open. Then bring the sides to the middle, then fold that in half. then roll it tight like a sleeping bag pushing the air out. No problem getting it back into the bag.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:34 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Oldermom is showing off. =D

I know it can be done but even growing up it was the bundle with bungees method.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:39 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Well, actually, this was quite easy for us. Dh wanted a tent for his bday, so I got him the $300 one from walmart (this was years ago). It came with three rooms, two sleeping bags, a lantern, two fold up chairs, and some other stuff. So, when it came time to put the stuff in the bag, we couldn't fit it all, but the tent fit fine. Now we just don't know where our sleeping bags are, and we're missing a fold up chair.. :P
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 7:41 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I've never been able to. I think they should make the bags a little bigger!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:45 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Sorry but I learned from My Dad. there hasn't been tent he or I can't get back into the bag, along with everything that came with it.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:47 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My husband always gets it back in the bag and has taught me how to. We fold it to the middle. When folding it I put the bag at one end and make sure my folds are just smaller then the bag. Then roll it up really tight. The trick is rolling it up tight. Otherwise it won't fit. we go camping so much. We are folding that thing all the time so I guess practice helps too.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:52 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm with oldermom. We never have issues here.
    It should have came with directions for how to fold it for storage.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 7:55 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I've never had a problem getting any tent back in the bag it came in, either. My husband was a Boy Scout and I was a Girl Scout, so it'll never be a problem for us.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 8:41 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• We fold it in 3rd's and roll it up to make it fit. That also gets all the trapped air out. Do the direction book have a diagram to show you how it fold up?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:26 AM on Aug. 23, 2010