Are there any medications out there that stop you from having bad dreams?

My sleeping situation is miserable. Every time I close my eyes I have horrible bad dreams. I just want to have a good nights rest like everyone else!

mommyandtoddler

Asked by mommyandtoddler at 7:43 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Health

• no its just a normal part of life sad to say.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:57 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would look at what you're eating before bed. If you stop all night time snacking, and eat something reasonable for dinner, you usually won't have nightmares. Also, stop watching anything that gives you bad feelings (like horror movies and such). Try to stay positive and upbeat in the day, and the nightmares should end.
    I still have nightmares sometimes and it really helps to just get up and turn on a light and not sleep in the dark. Good luck!
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 8:10 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Dreams are our own subconscious trying to grab our attention. Figure out what they mean and they go away. You need to deal with the underlying issues. No medications will help however I've heard eating an ounce of cheese before bed will give you good dreams. If you'd like to detail the dream for me via personal message I will be happy to try and define the meaning.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:48 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You can train your brain to have good dreams. Your situation sounds like stress in your life. If your having $$ problems or problems with your folks or inlaws or a friends or neighbor or work, thats probably whats causing your bad dreams. The Library has self help books on how to train your brain to have good dreams or hot to controll your dreams.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2010