Have you witnessed Cyber bullying on cafemom?

and i am not talking about occassional flare ups, or even regular arguements between the same members etc. cyber bullying is NOT just answering a question or post in a snotty manner. its targeting that person CONSTANTLY and CONSISTANTLY to harrass, belittle, following thier posts and seeking them out JUST to snipe on them. Do you really feel you have seen this on cafemom? or have you seen folks who get in to a hot spot and just cant hack it and then WHINE BULLYING!

sati769leigh

Asked by sati769leigh at 7:48 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in About CafeMom

• It happened a while ago (a couple years ago? Lol)

I was amazed by it. Women who were older than me acting like little children.

They didn't like my opinion on a subject, so they followed me into every post and harrassed me about it. Even when it was not even the subject in the post. Called me all kinds of horrible things, incuding a bad mother because of my opinion on a subject!!
    They wanted to get me kicked out of that group, but I kept my cool and they ended up being booted.
    Gotta love it.

Hasn't happened to me since!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• ya but those are cowards who have bravery online cuz they know you can't do anything to them in real life. In real life they are probly the shy, sweet neighbors you would never imagine were these jerks online.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:49 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Hmm.. I sometimes feel like a cyberbully when I really don't like another member and I try to just not comment on their stuff. Some people just give bad advice consistently and it annoys me...
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 7:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Thank goodness I have not!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 7:54 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I don't know if I would call it bullying... I've seen some crazies, thats for sure! I suppose its the nature of the beast...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:57 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Haven't seen Cyber bullying. I don't consider even mean PM's after a flareup to be any of that. However, I have ,ade a snotty retort on a question just to have her PM me to say I target he answers to be mean on. When in fact, I hardly ever look at names on questions, I just answer.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:59 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I've seen & had a few unnecessary comments, I consider they must have nothing better to do w/ their time or life to be so petty. But it does get bother some to see some of the ways some on picked on for just an opinion, which this is what the sight is abt thoughts, and advise and oopions. They hide behind the internet and just let loose I guess.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:08 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:09 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I've seen a few instances of bullying, there are definitely some women who seem to always post snarky or condescending responses. I usually avoid them, but I've jumped in to defend the OP a few times.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:19 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Ooh I kinda had something like that happen to me too. I was welcomed into a group, everyone was real friendly etc. Next thing you know I'm being called out as a spy and all this other crazy stuff. Apparently I had joined this group during a group war. I happened to belong to the other group as well (I was clueless about the drama) so I was the perfect pawn for the real spys leader. It was horrible.
    On this site I have always tried to be nice. Even in stupid drama posts. Its just how I roll. These chicks just about forced me to come back under a new screen name they were spreading so much crap around. Its insane!!!

I truely feel for everyone who has experienced such harrassment on this site.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 8:52 AM on Aug. 23, 2010