Where can I find on CM...

product reviews / recommendations by moms? I am due to have a baby in a couple months and quite a lot has changed since the last one (19 years ago). I am NOT a shopper and get frustrated and overwhelmed looking at or thinking about all the different choices. I have no idea what will be best for me with all the different varieties of high chairs, diapers, etc. etc. I asked about all the news kinds of cloth diapers a while back but didn't find the responses to be as helpful as I'd hoped but found a post about one brand that was very informative. I can Google til I'm crazy but I'm thinking such a resource has to be on this site somewhere. Thanks!

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 8:12 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what about product reviews from parents in general?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:19 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• There are 8 years between my DD and my youngest son, I was overwhelmed as well. I started by reading baby magazines, then researching products that I thought looked good. It was funny, I thought things had changed so much - really, what I found was that there was just more variety. I already knew what I'd use vs. not, so it was really a matter of wading through the options. Good luck to you!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:22 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I have 11years between my youngest 2. I felt like I was a brand new mom!! I agree with scuba though, it's all the same stuff, just a bigger variety. I also started with baby mags. Half the resarch was already done.
    I haven't seen any product reviews on thissite, but thebump.com has some.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 9:36 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If you are interested in things that are more attachment parenting oriented and nature friendly you can find that kind of info at Mothering Magazine http://www.mothering.com/ and there are discussion boards. It used to be very breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing, oriented but now there are a variety of moms on the discussion boards. There is an archieve of articles. There was a great article about cloth diapers just a couple of issues ago. Their articles aren't like most magazine articles. They are in depth and have practical info. I've been a Mothering Magazine reader for 30 years.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:09 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• thanks for all the answers - i have baby magazines, but i'm interested in what real people versus advertisers think. also, i tried understanding what the new cloth diapers were about from the mags, and i didn't really get it lol - there was a post on the stir here recently that really made me want to look more into that and the website for the product was very helpful. it's things like, on the high chairs - i don't really know what makes more sense, the chair that attaches to a table, the freestanding one, or the one that changes to a toddler chair; i picked out a baby bathtub that looked neat at the store (expands to a toddler tub), but when i logged on my registry it gets not so good reviews. this is where i'm coming from - there are things that look interesting and like good ideas, but i want to know if they really are. i think the bump may have been where i saw such a forum. i'll try that. meanwhile, recommendations needed
    figaro8895

Comment by figaro8895 (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2010