Has anyones children had a staph infection?

I think my teen does because she keeps getting little blisters on her inner thighs. Her friend is being treated for it right now. I am waiting to hear back from the doctor right now.

prettybaby1

Asked by prettybaby1 at 8:13 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Health

• No, but I bumped for you.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:21 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• my kids haven't but i work in the health care indurstry, just remember to wash you hands and take normal precautions and things will be okay
    riss280

Answer by riss280 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I work at a jail we have somebody every now and then gets one.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:32 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My son got a staf infection when he was 3 year old..It started out as what looked like a bug bite then blistered up really bad on his leg..Then spread to a few more spots..I took him to urgent care at childrens hospital where the doctor said it was just a allergic reaction to some bug but he did not know what..He sent me home with nothing..The blisters got worse that night so I took him to the emergency room where they said that it was a serious staf infection and it pissed me off because if i would have listened to that doctor instead of my instincts he could have become very sick..
    mamaof3kiddoz

Answer by mamaof3kiddoz at 8:45 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I used to teach HS and staph goes around a lot. That sounds like staph and you should get it seen by a dr ASAP. Regular staph is not an emergency, but still requires an antibiotic. But the strain of staph called MRSA is life threatening. Since you don't know which it is without a swab test, you should take her to the dr.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2010