Long Distance

Have you been in a long distance relationship? If so, how did or didn't it work out for you? Any advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• I was in one for 3 yrs..and it worked out for us..were married and have been for 5 yrs!! I will say this tho...its alot of hard work and it does test you quite a bit!!! Be ready for anything!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I was in one for a year with my now fiance. Finally we got an apartment together, had our son, and we're still together. It just takes work & lots of trust.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Been there, done that. We dated long distance than got engaged. So I picked up and moved to where he was (6 hours away) and now we are married. It takes a lot of work and you HAVE to TRUST!!!
    paralegalmommy

Answer by paralegalmommy at 9:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Of course trust is very important but so is communication. Since me and my SO couldn't see each other every day we would call often. Alot of times we both would turn on our web cams and watch the same movie or tv show while on the phone. It may seem a bit much to some people but it made me feel like he was there with me. I ended up moving to his town and everything is wonderful.....good luck with yours
    Shulizboo

Answer by Shulizboo at 9:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It really depends on how much you trust each other and how much you guys can do to keep up good communication. I dated my SO in high school and we got back together after college and after my daughter was born. After living together for a year and a half, he had to take a job out of state and now he's only home for a couple weeks every 5 or 6 months. I have never worried about him having a wandering eye, and that is BIG, believe me. We text a lot during the day and then talk at night. It stinks not to have him home every night, but knowing I don't have to worry about what he's doing with his time and that he cares about me makes it work.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008