running away

Does anyone ever feel the need to run away? I love my family...just feel so overwhelmed with life that I want to run away. Anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• ya but I got no where to really go lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:47 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• This is a common feeling for women.
    I once knew a woman who did this.
    She was gone a couple of months before she was found.
    It got her family's attention.
    I could never do this for more than a day.
    There are just too many things that I have to take care of here.
    Know that you are not alone.
    Find a support group of other women you can discuss this with.
    That being said, be careful who you share your personal information with.
    It has a way of coming back and biting you.
    (((hugs)))
    Sometimes that is what you really need.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:52 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would like to run away with my family, and sometimes so much without my family. Sure who wouldn't love to escape the day to day small minded in your face chaos, that goes with the same thing you see day in day out and they don't change but you do all the changing, and try not to get upset and go every available coping stratedgy their is, only to have the very same things happen, chaos, and bad arguments that aren't worth your wasted energy once more. Sure. Love to.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 8:52 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• not just women, everyone feels like they need to escape from life once in awhile.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes personal info, oh well, but ........tootoobusy, it's not good to bury deep emotions with that said, therapy / venting........helloooooo!!!! MUCH BETTER THAN RUNNING, DON'T CHA THINK ?!?!?

As for just shutting up, being perfect, and worrying about who's going to ...."bite you"" back later, it happens Doesn't matter what anyone says or does. If people can't always be good, than we all better start being good together......RIGHT?!?!
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 8:57 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Zoeyis, -------------knowing that everyone needs this --escape from life, a vacation, a break something PERSONAL, that is exactly what we ''would do'' if given the time, tools, and money, tools being the design or place,plan, to go, and see whatever, but some of these .....family parts of us don't want that escape, gettaway, they would rather get waited on hand and foot, see things revolve around them, and no one is available or offering to take the time to even plan or talk about this...let alone to set up and do something as a family. I know many people that are just sitting waiting year after year, never saving or going someplace special and I know they have 10x more money that I do. We have money but it gets wasted on trinkets and senseless items over and over. Those items can ''come with on the escape, vacation, whatever,'', why wait for school field trips , I mean if husbands and wives deteriorate, = .....no family
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My DH and I go on vacation at least once a year without the kids, and we do date nights once a week, I look forward to that time, and don't feel like running away. With our youngest I was on bedrest, then he came 6 weeks early and we had several issues that prevented us from our routine. After 8 months, I was ready to find a Greyhound Bus :) I think that getting out without the kids on occasion is the key.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:10 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• would love to just take a pee without interruption!!
    the thought of actually running away would take some though, and time for me to actually have time to think=never makes the list

if i get a shower in, that feels like special mom time

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:13 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes and that's was mom's night out's and spa's were created for...lol
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Oh God yes! I feel like running away lots!!! Not that I'd do it. Or I wouldn't stay gone long. I have known of women that actually did leave the husband and kids. At our last duty station, we lived on post. The whole building behind us was all single dads cause all the damn women left! Well, it was only like 4 units, but still. I think the building was possessed or something. I couldn't actually leave my family. Just take a little vaca for a bit. Except I feel weird just going to the damn grocery story by myself when I'm so used to them being with me all the time. So it wouldn't work anyway. I'm so screwed!!!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 23, 2010