When you dye your hair do you usually do a good job?

I'd say about a week ago I it was time to dye my hair well I concentrated more on my temples and hairline bc of gray anyway here we are a week later and my stubborn gray is back....arg! I can not be dying my hair so often it is not good for you and not too mention it gets expensive... Whatcan I do to make the color stay on longer especially on the sides and hairline??? Thanks Ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I used to be pretty good at it, but now it is just too long... I can't get the back good enough... LOL... Just do root touchups. If you are doing another full color, make sure the color you are using is a shade darker than your color, permanent, and make it covers 100% gray. Leave it in the whole time....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:54 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• What type of dye are you buying? I think that has a lot to do with it. My mom didn't have a problem with dye holding in her hair until it turned white... I don't dye my hair, but I've seen it done a million times. If you have naturally light hair, it might be easier to just dye it blonde, rather than dark. My mom wanted to go auburn... not quite a natural color lol.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 8:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• it wont. There is little pigment in gray hair, therefore less for the color to stick to, and more easily faded.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• no. lol. I botch it up.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2010