Can you help me please?

If I were your babysitter and told you I might or might not babysit any longer but still undecided would you look for someone else or would you hold on hoping I come back. the kids that I watch already the parents like me a lot but I took a 3 week vacation and now I am not sure if I want to babysit any more. I have 2 weeks to say something. I don't want this couple to think I am back when I really don't want to. I asked if they looked else where they said No...kind of makes me feels guilty :( I love the kids but can't do it any longer. help me decide thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You need to come clean with them and tell them you don't want to do this anymore, so they can make their plans.

Answer by older at 8:57 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It would definitely be more appreciated if you were to let them know ahead of time so they can make other arrangements. I know I wouldn't want to be scrambling around trying to find a new babysitter at the last minute. Good luck. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:01 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You need to put in your two weeks notice so they can search for your replacement. It's the polite thing to do. I think it would be very rude to just drop them with no warning. Especially since they like you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:01 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Give them an answer and time to find someone else. This is your life and if you choose to no longer babysit, that is your business, just be fair to them and not leave them hanging. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:02 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would ask you to give me a definite answer so that I know when to start looking.

Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 8:58 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Always have to be honest, esp when it comes to work. You need to leave on good terms, those are the people you will need for future work refrences!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Just be honest with them and tell them the truth. I think that since you are the person upon whom they have come to depend, that you should give them 2 or 3 weeks or whatever you think is fair, to find another sitter. You may have to be firm about enforcing your deadline, but that's how I would handle it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:17 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes, please be honest with them.. They deserve it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:18 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If you were sitting for me, I would have already begun looking. If you don't want to do this any longer, just tell them the truth and give them some time to find someone else.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:23 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• it is not easy to find sitters
    and even harder to find one you can trust and the kids enjoy
    i would look as sson as i thought the sitter was even thinking of not doing anymore
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2010