Which platform/issue is most important...

Which platform/issue is most important to you when selecting which candidate to vote for? Or is it a combination?

njmommy2boys

Asked by njmommy2boys at 9:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Well according to McCain he can work on all of the issues at once, but he cannot discuss the economy and run for president at the same time. Anyhoo, my three most important are the same as with the exception of one.
    1. Energy
    2. Healthcare
    3. Foreign Policy. He thinks I mean defense, but I really mean - foreign policy. Our global rep.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 11:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• The ABORTION issue is my top priority....PROLIFE!
    Protecting the lives of innocent, unborn babies is #1.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 11:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• first and foremost for me and for my family is healthcare and that's why i support obama.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have to agree with the first post, I'm infactically against abortion and with Obama being for partial birth abortion and voting yes to leave an innocent baby to suffer after it doesn't die right away is just so unthinkable to me as a mother. He stands for everything I don't so I can't say I'm voting for him. I really feel that God has blessed this country with wealth and we've just driven it into the ground and taken it for granted, its not about Republican or Democrat its all of us. We really need someone in their that has compassion for all people and all races. I feel Obama is a wolf in sheeps clothing hes trying to say all the right things that he thinks America wants to hear it just makes me really uneasy. I have to say I'm not really satisfied with McCain either but I do feel since Palin has joined him them as a team could definitely be the difference this country needs.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I dont understand voting for a president based on the abortion issue - regardless of your stance! The only thing a president can do is hope a judge dies or resigns so he could nominate a new judge who has a certain view. However, not many judges in the slot to become supreme court is about to overturn one of the biggest cases in history, and one judge could NOT get that accomplished.

Other than that.. the president cannot do much. You're better off voting in local elections based off of that principal. Why not vote based on issues that will be resolved in the next 4 to 8 years shall we?

On top of that - McCain is pro-choice... that makes two of the two candidates pro-choice. Mind blowing.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 1:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• As was said many years ago, "It's the economy, stupid." And "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?"

I don't believ efor one mintue that abortion will ever really be overturned...too many politicians need that goose to keep laying the golden egg of votes for them.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:27 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Healthcare, the economy, and reproductive choice.
    bluecrayon

Answer by bluecrayon at 2:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2008