being green and recycle, what are you good at doing, what do you need to improve on

i am bad when it comes to water
I am a water waster

i am good at recycling paper, cans, glass etc

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 9:16 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Im trying to go green its hard when u arent riased up to be green but im going green hell or high water i love my mother earth i want to take care of her
    HippieHolly

Answer by HippieHolly at 11:35 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I could be better at a lot of things if the recycling took more. Right now they only want newspaper and 1&2 plastics. Seems like a waste to pay for the staff for the truck, the truck, the extra expenses that come along with employing someone (additional taxes, benefits, workers comp ins., etc) when they only pick up one small bin per house per week. I put everything they will take in there, but the fact that they don't accept much just shows me more businesses that step over dollars to pick up dimes.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:46 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Hmmm, I don't litter and I plant trees every year. We did put in new windows but that was to save money not to be green. That's about it. We drink water from bottles, use regular light bulbs and plastic bags and we toss out paper and plastic for the trash.
    Oh my husband does reuse the cat litter jugs for his oil when he puts it out. Our city does recycle oil.
    I guess you would say we could do a lot more but i don't feel a bit guilty.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I recycle everything but paper only because it attracts roaches, bugs, silverfish, other tiny crawlers,

I do toss all my glass, plastic, bags, bottles, tin, steel, and some tupperwear that are way older than me.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:26 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm good at everything except cans. I'm too lazy to clean them out and most of the time I just toss them into the trash.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:30 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• We recycle almost everything and have for years. I use cloth diapers most of the time on my LO. I go around turning off lights around the house that my DH leaves on.

I do tend to leave my computer on because it takes so long to bring it up every time if I turn it off. I am a full-time student with two little kids, so I am guilty of using paper plates.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:45 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• In each of our homes we have been issued 3 cans. 1 for recycle, 1 for green waste and the other for garbage. The 2 recycle containers are 3Xs larger than the trash can. We also have separate cans within the kitchen to make it easier. My son recycles aluminum cans and plastic for cash. The glass is just not worth the squeeze. So, we have additional cans in the garage for the storage of those items, and a container in the Kitchen as well (our kitchen is upstairs). My downfall is travel-I use too much fuel.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:58 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I wash in cold water and dry laundry outside as much as possible. I live in an area where most of the electricity is generated from renewable resources so it is as much to do with saving money as being green. i recycle although facilities here are not very good yet so too much ends up in the trash. However a new recycling plant will open in October so hopefully that will change. I usually walk for short distances rather than take the car . There is no water shortage where I live so water use is not a problem .We never buy bottled water. i use reusable bags when shopping.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 24, 2010