Would you ask the baby's father for a loan?

I have been looking for work for 8 months. Guess what...leaving a job interview Friday the manager called me and offered me the job! Of course I accepted. I start this Thursday. I was so excited! But then as I was driving my car started making a horrible grinding sound. I pulled into a car repair shop I was driving by and my rear brakes and rotors are ruined. And since all my savings are gone to other bills I can't have them repaired. The job is on a bus line so I could take the bus but since my DD is going to be babysat by my mom I would have to take the bus 1 1/2 hours to drop her off, then back the opposite direction 2 hours to get to work. That'd not doable. My mom is on SS so I can't get the cash from her.

The only one I can get it from is DD's father who is not involved with DD at all (not interested) but he begged me not to do CS, which I didn't (thought I could manage on my own). I'm desperate. I need this job. WWYD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Hi, I personally would not ask the father. This door has been closed for a reason..God has many angels to watch over you, He has someone to fix your car and He has a job for you!!! I know this from personal experience...

God Bless you!!!!
    gypsyangel951

Answer by gypsyangel951 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i woudl not give the daddy any leverage. i would take the bus
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• First, I would get CS from the father. Go through the state, you don't even need to contact him directly. He is financially responsible for taking care of his child, regardless of whether he is in her life. As for the car, try to get the money somewhere else. Take the bus until you can have the repairs done yourself. You don't want to "owe" baby daddy anything.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:27 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would take the bus, and start up child support paperwork. Him begging you is no reason to not get it. He brought a child in the world, he can pay for it.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 9:27 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would take the bus. It would only be short-term, until you get your first check - then you could get the car repaired.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 9:40 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• First of all, WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU NOT GETTING CHILD SUPPORT FROM HIM??? Oh NO, you need to get it from him whether you can make it on your own or not. That is his child, his responsibility, too. If you don't 'need' it, then put it away for her. Do not let him get off.
    Second, talk with the repair guys, maybe there is something they can do, payments. I'm sure they would rather take payments, and get the work, then nothing at all. Plus, you are a single mother in a jam. Wouldn't hurt to ask.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 23, 2010