What to do advice

I am a almost 42 year old mother of two, One doesnt live with me. The youngest is almost 11. I was married for 16 yrs now divorced for about 4. Was always a stay at home mom. Now was going to college for a bit but screwed that up when I quit and didnt drop my classes. Dont know If i ever can get in again, so had the chance to go to beauty school. Love that but took time off cause of son. Beauty school is great but just dont think I am learning what I should be, instructor doesnt seem to care, about that or having what we need on hand. Anyways, what do I do with my life? Where do I go from here, No self confidences in myself. Want to work with disabled kids or adults or get into the cna program. But can I handle it. I need my confidence, what the hell do I do, I am not getting any younger. Thanks for reading and listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• Excellent.. choice that would be !! Working with disabled children would really be rewarding.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:28 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Do what you want to do and you will be just fine. Get in there and start and everything else will fall into place. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:29 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Wow.
    You at least know what your problems are.
    Self esteem and completing what you start.
    Find a support group of single mothers going to school.
    Look for the successful ones.
    Your child is your priority, but getting your life together is for your child.
    You might be able to find a job being a teaching assistant.
    School districts often hire people to be with a disabled child during the school day.
    That way you would find out if you are really interested in this.

Make an educated, informed decision and stick to it.
    Do not let things interfere with this. It is your life and your child's life and future at stake.
    Good luck.
    Do not be a quitter.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:33 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Perhaps you would be able to finish up the hair classes, and then fix it where you only go to the places where children need care each day, so sign on the application as a hairdresser for group homes, residential care homes..... and surely they should need hair cutters!
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:35 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You need to decide what you want or else you'll never complete a program. Sit down and make a list of your strengths, weakness, skills and interests. If you still can't decide, talk to a school's admissions councelor.

You have to believe in yourself and that you can succeed. Don't let your former marriage and divorce define you. Don't think of yourself as a failure (which it sounds like to me is exactly what you're doing.) If you can't sway your thinking on your own, you might want to talk to a professional.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• There are some options here:
    US Career Institute

Maybe there is a course or two you'd like to do. I personally sell Scentsy...and I work with all sorts of people!! I absolutely LOVE what I do. Best wishes and good luck. https://my2scents.scentsy.us
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:21 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Look into volunteering as well. Volunteer work is very rewarding, even if you don't get paid.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 2:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm the HR DIrector for a private special ed school in CT. I don't want to undermine your hopes or dreams but at least in CT, to work with children with disabilities (Paraprofessional or Paraeducator) you have to at least have an associate's degree and/or pass the ParaPro exam (much like a GED but instead of a high school diploma, it's an associate's degree). Most of our Para's have a bachelor's degree.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Therapy?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2010