What to do advice

I am a almost 42 year old mother of two, One doesnt live with me. The youngest is almost 11. I was married for 16 yrs now divorced for about 4. Was always a stay at home mom. Now was going to college for a bit but screwed that up when I quit and didnt drop my classes. Dont know If i ever can get in again, so had the chance to go to beauty school. Love that but took time off cause of son. Beauty school is great but just dont think I am learning what I should be, instructor doesnt seem to care, about that or having what we need on hand. Anyways, what do I do with my life? Where do I go from here, No self confidences in myself. Want to work with disabled kids or adults or get into the cna program. But can I handle it. I need my confidence, what the hell do I do, I am not getting any younger. Thanks for reading and listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Why don't you look for a job as an aide in a disabled classroom? Those jobs are usually hard to fill and so it should be fairly easy to find one. That way, you could learn if this is really what you want to do and it would give you some income while you find that out. It would also open up avenues to those persons who would be able to help you gain admittance to a school where you could get further training if it turns out that's what you want to do. You would be a helper and not the one in charge, so there would be less pressure on you and give you opportunity to grow in confidence.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:38 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My dad lost his job as my parents were divorcing. He had no idea what to do and had to pay child support, etc. So, he went to nursing school and became a nurse. School was really challenging, but he stuch it out and finished. I think going to school to be a CNA would be a great idea. While it is a really challenging job, CNA's make good money and can have a pretty flexible schedule depending on where they get a job. I think that is a great idea you should seriously look into. Then, in the future, you could always move up and become an LPN which could help you earn more money. Try to stay positive. Even if you arent self-confident, act like you are - fake it! Even though it's hard to do, it'll really make a difference with how others perceive you and eventually how you will perceive yourself.
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If you couldn't handle just normal college courses, you can't handle CNA. I just did CNA 1. You can't miss much. You have limited amount of hours you can miss. It's not a joke. OK? You can't even be late, being late a few times, it's like a hole day missed. It's not a joke. Plus, here, you have to be a CNA 2 to get a good job, no one really wants a CNA 1, really. Have you gone in to find out if you can get back into school? You should be able to, unless you already failed those classes. You have 2 times to fail a class. This, you just quitting, resulted in failing grades. And honestly, from what you said, you won't make it in the CNA. IDK what your life is like, what your issues are that you are dealing with. But it isn't play time, and the people in the class that didn't take it seriously really distracted the ones that did. You need to get your life in order first, so you can finish what you start.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i'm pretty sure you can work at an senior center with no education if you like that kind of work. then again i don't really know. call some and see.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010