Did your baby have RSV? What was your thoughts?

athenaheim

Asked by athenaheim at 10:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• YES MY DAUGHTER HAD IT WHEN SHE WAS 6 MONTHS OLD SCARY AS THOUGHT IT WAS A BAD COLD MY DAUGHTER WAS VERY ILL ALMOST DIED WAS GOING TO AIR LIFT HER TO THE CITIES BUT OUR RURAL ER DR CAME FROM THERE HE WAS AWESOME
    ima247mom

Answer by ima247mom at 1:16 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My son had RSV when he was 9 months old. He caught from a friend's relative (that baby passed). It was very scary. I took him to the Dr where they said he had wheezing and a cold. I was on the way to get his meds when he stopped breathing. Rushed him to the ER where he was DX with RSV. Stayed a week in the hospital. Today he is 8 years old and still has issues with allergies and sinus.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 6:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my son had it when he was 2 wks old. he spent a total of 28 days in the hospital. he spent a little over two wks in the pedi icu. very scary.he quit breathing and had to be intubated. he is 7 months now and you can't tell that he has ever been sick. he does however have medical problems. he has svt and asd. he hasn't had any breathing problems.anyways my son had some great dr.s. they caught it very early on and so he was already in the hospital when he quit breathing.
    zackaroosmom

Answer by zackaroosmom at 4:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2008