Why would she answer my question that way?

I asked a question a little while ago about possibly borrowing money from my child's absent father for a desperately needed car repair. One of the moms said sure she would ask since SHE shares a bank account with her childs dad.

Why would someone be purposefully nasty and unhelpful that way? I have had a horrible 3 years...lost a job due to serious illness, unexpected pregnancy (and yes, I used protection), breaking off with my longtime bf as a result, long period of unemployment and now a broken car when I need it most. And all this mom could do is rub it in my face that she has not been so unfortunate.

To that mom: I'm glad you are with your child's dad and I hope you never have to go through the difficulties I have endured recently. Before you are nasty to someone next time please stop and think that that's a real person asking that question that you are unnecessarily beating down. That was mean and unnecessary.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• You asked a general question "Would you take a loan from your Child's Father?" to which the answer is: yes, in my case, I would. If you got "snotty" from that, then it wasn't intended. I wouldn't worry too much about some total stranger's response on the internet anyway. Its not that important overall. Sorry to have offended. Good luck in your situation.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:47 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• She might not have been trying to be hurtful, but just answering your question. If she was, don't let it get to you. Since she is with the father still, she doesn't understand what you've gone through. Some people just live to try to cause drama.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:46 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm sorry you were responded to that way. Most of the moms here genuinely want to be helpful.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:45 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Some woman never read the entire question, which drives me crazy. Sounds like she was just answering your main question. And yes, get that money from your child's father! Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:49 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Let it go. You obviously have much bigger problems to worry about.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:49 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I am not being snotty. I just want you not to worry about things that are not important to you and your child. Use your energy and time to solve the real problem.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I am sorry. Some people are just snotty and its not ok. This is supposed to be a supportive place.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I agree with you on this, there is a lot of unnecessary drama and such on here at times. And some people seem to think this is a forum for judging other people. Sometimes it's like high school all over again, LOL you get enough females in one place and drama will occur. An unfortunate truth, at least here we don't actually have to see the people who are mean to us.

Good luck with everything life is throwing at you and I hope things work out for you. And yes I would ask the father for money for the car repair. You need that vehicle to be working so that you can take care of your child, his child and he should care about that.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• if her response is upsetting you this much, might i suggest turning off the computer? i mean honestly that was just a snarky response and you are getting wayyyyy to upset by it. you dont always get the responses you are looking for when you post on a public forum. i dont honestly think she was being nasty at all. you are going overbaord honey.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:50 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• One of the moms said sure she would ask since SHE shares a bank account with her childs dad.---

she should be asking HERSELF why she has to ASK in the first place, if she is truly an equal with her child's dad/shared account.
    count your blessings, OP..and be glad you aren't in her shoes. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:46 AM on Aug. 23, 2010