What is your weekly routine to clean your house? I would like to adopt a new way, I never get caught up!

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Everyone in the household helps, I see no reason to clean up someone else's mess or pee or whatever they left.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:48 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I do most of it by myself. the Hubby & son each pick up their own messes, but the rest is mine. Monday I do all the heavy cleaning...& the wash. Tuesday & wed its just normal pick up, like dishes, floors, ect. Thursday I do another heavy cleaing day. Friday-sunday Im on strike & dont clean if I can help it.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Not that I am ever caught up, but I try to make a game out of toy pick up. Unload the dishwasher while serving breakfast so it's ready for the day's dishes. THe living room in our hub so it gets super cluttered. Clutter goes into a laundry basket and then put in hte right room (hopefully the right place) If you have kids old enough, assign chores. If not, I say it's time to color or time for one show as I swiffer the hard floors. And I hope I eventually find a chance to vacuum.
    Lsmomma

Answer by Lsmomma at 9:55 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm disabled and qualify for free homemaker services through a program that keeps people living in their homes instead of nursing homes. The problem is if you move to a new county you have to go on a waiting list for years. Once you get the service it's great. We have had several homemakers in several places that we lived when my 3 boys were young. One was in her 70s and she could clean the whole house including washing all the floors in 2 hours. For awhile were living in a big old house that wasn't easy to clean.

So I have seen it happen and it's amazing. They could come once a week for 2 hours and about all we had to do is keep up with dishes and laundry. They would even do some laundry (as time allowed) and some dishes. The old homemaker thought the key was having good supplies and moving from room to room and task to task.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:59 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I just do a few things every day... but I have my first baby on the way and can get away with that now... once she starts roving through the house making messes as she goes I'll have to adapt :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:29 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Every morning I sweep and vacuum the floors. I don't have a specific order when it comes to cleaning the kitchen, cleaning the bathroom, dusting, mopping, etc. I usually just do one thing a day so I don't overload myself and so I have something to do the next day. I also do laundry twice a week.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• we play a treasure game, when their room is messy, i call out an item and they put it in their bag, when bag is full they have to run and put all the items back where they belong (i have younger children)
    there use to be a group on here, i forgot the name of it though, darn, but they would have a routine that helped you clean, it really worked! it had a picture of a lady with an apron on
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I have a few things that I do right away. First thing I do is make my bed- even if the rest of my room is a hot mess, that seems to make it look not as bad. I put away any dishes that were drying overnight and check on where my laundry is. I have a day assigned to each room of the house to get it detail-cleaned and organized. For daily cleaning, I start with one room and just keep working my way through the house. Everything has a place, and if I can't find a place for it I won't keep it. That seems to cut down on a lot of clutter. I keep cleaning supplies in both bathrooms so that while I'm getting ready for the day I can just give everything a quick wipe-down. For me, it's really all about organization. Before I got organized my house was AWFUL but now I am getting the hang of it :)
    VeganMuslimah

Answer by VeganMuslimah at 4:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I clean by rooms. each day a different room
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I accept the fact that cleaning is a never ending project. Just pick a couple of things to do everyday and do what you can. It will all work out.
    emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 24, 2010