Does anyone have any tips in getting your toddler into a toddler bed from a crib?

We are going to be trying to get my son into his toddler bed soon and are trying to find ways to do this. Any suggestions would be great.

sarahsellcm

Asked by sarahsellcm at 9:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would find either a really cool bed or really cool comforter that he likes....(to start with) my son had a yellow volkswagon car that he LOVED!!! then I would let him start with naps in his new bed....for my kids it just seemed to flow easier, but all kids are different.....

I also put up a baby gate on the bedroom door so that my kids could not go wandering around the house at night if I didnt hear them.

Make a BIG deal about his big boy bed....take pictures, video....talk about how he doesnt need a bed for a baby anymore....ect.....

Then each night and naptime he does well, reward him......a sticker or m&m......

It can really be a headache....my first was easy, my dd was a nightmare to get into her big girl bed....but we stuck to our guns and succeeded ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• We made a HUGE deal out of our 2 getting BIG girl & boy beds. We took them to Toys R Us, gave them 2 bed choices and let THEM pick out their beds & new bed set. They thought it was wonderful to be making "the decisions". When we got them home and assembled, we called mamaw and told her about the new BIG kid beds, and that they were not sleeping in a "baby" bed anymore!!!! They were so proud to be BIG kids, they took right to them. Hope this helps!!!!
    CnKsMom

Answer by CnKsMom at 10:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Elicia's crib converted to a toddler bed so it was pretty easy because she was already use to her bed. When I moved her I just put one of those saftey rails on the open side of the bed so she can't fall out. She really likes it now, and recently I went to take the rail down so she would have a really big girl bed and she wanted it put back up because the first night it was off she fell out of bed. She moves alot in her sleep.
    kris112280

Answer by kris112280 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i had that same problem i held him until he went to sleep bout 10 minutes later i put him in his crib with a night light on or a small stuffed animal that smelled like me inhis arms or a bear with a throbbing heart beat and it worked
    mommyof1gr8boy

Answer by mommyof1gr8boy at 1:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2009