Where does the Tea Party stand on the Mosque?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/99198/forums/read/12109350/Mark_it_on_your_calendars_folks?last#last

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have a question for you. What is the membership of fiscally conservative, but "gov stay out of our private business ie religion" type tea party groups, vs the membership in the groups that are marching to the ultra-con my way only groups? And if TeaParty.org, which I think we can all agree has a SUBSTANTIAL membership, as it is a leading TEA party organization, is derailing the so-called "real" tea parties, why aren't you all doing something about it? Or will you finally have to start a separate group?

I'll tell you what, the supposed goal of the TEA party is very close to what a real "Libertairian" is. Not these fake, ultra conservative, "I want to separate myself from Republicans" type Libertarians, but REAL Libertarians. Why don't people join that party? I know, because Libertarians are against social intervention in people's lives. They would never be...cont
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Wait...Isn't Tea Party.org that this Steve Eichler is apparently a member of, founded by Dale Robertson, who was KICKED out of the TRUE Tea Party movement, for his racists views and for trying to become a LEADER, of which the REAL Tea Party has none?!

There are MANY splinters of the Tea Party that have been forming around the country and not ALL of them have the SAME agenda of demanding government fiscal conservancy and smaller government that reflects the TRUE basis for the ORIGINAL Taxed Enough Already movement?! Instead they use the "Tea Party" name and inject their OWN personal beliefs and agenda--which gives the simpler, original intent of the Tea Party agenda a bad name.

You know, like the Michigan TEA Party candidate controversy that is brewing right now?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:32 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• That disappoints me. I really thought the TEA party was (majority - not the insane minority) against discussions such as this. I really hope that Steve is part of the idiot squad and not the majority because the TEA party is supposed to recognize fiscal conservancy and a reduction in government reaching into topics such as this.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:01 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• She is saying that the real tea party has no leader and he was kicked out for trying to interject himself as a leader of the party.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:46 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• cont...against gay marriage, abortion, immigration, or anything like that. So the TEA Party will turn into the ultra-right wing of the Republican Party. It is inevitable.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• why aren't you all doing something about it? Or will you finally have to start a separate group?

***
    Because, unlike most liberals, I don't NEED to belong to a group! I can subscribe to a set of beliefs, vote and live my life in such a manner WITHOUT having to stand around with picket signs! Shocking concept, I know. I can support the efforts and the message of what the original premise for the TEA Party is all about, and reject anyone who tries to "glam" onto it, and become some self-purported leader--a la Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, and others!!

Those who want to "capitalize" on the TEA Party for their own political gain, are NOT people I support! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• There is no official nationally recognized single party called the Tea Party. So to say "where does THE tea party stand"...-IMO shows how incredibly naive and misguided you are. Where we recently moved there approximate 3 large groups who consider themselves a tea party group. Not to mention the various national level attempts to organize. One of them (off the top of my head) I would have no problem speaking out against because I don't agree with them in more than one area. This person doesn't agree with one particular tea party's direction. That's to be expected from a non formally organized group of people who took rallies and built upon them with various ideals and directions. What is your point?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No. They don't. Many local tea party groups do not approve of what Bachman is doing. Many don't prescribe to the ideals of the tea party that this particular cm linked to as well. That is why, IMO, the tea party won't establish itself as a nationally recognized formal political party. If anything the rallying together will have created more independents that prioritize being fiscally conservative and responsible and less Rs and Ds. Jmo
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I will never vote a party line again. One person, one ballot box at a time. So, I may vote for a TEA party candidate, but I wouldn't vote for this guy.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:49 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If the TEA party doesn't have a unified front - who are all these people chit chatting on the news? What can the possibly hope to achieve if they are running around without a unified front?
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:50 AM on Aug. 23, 2010