schhol just started. Help!!!

school just started and my3 girls have onlybeen in school for a week. Any already have colds and were fine all summer long. How come? Maybe outside for recuss and hot and then back in the ac school. Does this mean a bad weather with cold and flu,etc. Any answers to my problem.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 9:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Health

• get them flu shots (they are free usually) and buy some child's tylenol and weather out the storm :) Might wanna check online or the news to see if there's a bug going around your area, too.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Probably just because they're being introduced to new germs.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 9:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Probably has nothing to do with the weather but with the fact your daughters are around all kinds of other kids and their germs! My DD gets sick every time she goes back to school after a break.
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 9:54 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It could be allergies too.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:54 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would assume its just from being around all those other kids. Spreading germs and such, while I was teaching elementary school pretty much ever year around the start of school I'd end up with a cold or something. It's just being away from all the mixing or germs over the summer and then being back.

Not much you can do about it, make sure they take vitamins especially vitamin C and hopefully the teacher is using Lysol on a regular basis.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 9:55 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It tends to happen , especially upon entering a building with a few hundred people after not being there for a few months . They are exposed to a bunch of germs from a bunch of different people !
    Hope they feel better soon !
    mamahol

Answer by mamahol at 9:55 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Going from the hot outdoors to the inside air conditioning has nothing to do with getting sick. You girls got sick because they caught a virus from someone. The only way to prevent them from catching every viral bug in school is too teach good hygeine: wash hands often, don't touch eyes, nose, or mouth (that's how you catch things), depending on their ages you could even put hand sanitizer in their backpacks for them to use. Also, be sure to teach them not to drink after other kids.

If your kids aren't on an age appropriate multivitamin, now is the time to start. Also, make sure they eat a balanced meal. Eating right has a lot to do with the strength of our immune systems.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:59 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• New school year, new germs! :) I'm always telling my kids to wash their hands, and not touch their faces. I also give them a multi-vitamin, hoping it will up their immune systems a little.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:13 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I was told to up their vitamin c intake a few days before they start school to help boost their immunity.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:19 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• to avoid colds and flus give your children strong healthy bodies that don't allow the viruses to thrive!
    they need to be well rested. are they going to bed early? try for 10 hours of sleep.
    are they eating their fruits and veggies? try to eat a rainbow a day : )
    avoid sugars and white starches.
    try not to overschedule your children too.
    my kids see the chiropractor once a week for health maintenance.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2010