Is it Worth It? Sorry long but please help...

I have recently met the greatest guy ever. He's sweet, works hard, good looking , kind, good dad and I could go on forever. However he just broke up with a girl he was seeing for like a year. She was consumed with material things, moved too fast and was disinterested/unsupportive in his interests. We started dating and became very close over the last few weeks But she continues to call him and text him. I have expressed that her calling etc bothers me and his response is that he cant just be down right mean because her brother is his friend and he hopes someday she'll move on and they can be friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• CONTINUED I hate that our relationship feels tainted and she is somehow always right in my face in a matter of speaking. Id love to just have a relationship with him where his exes arent a topic of discussion in real time . My question is is this love worth it? Is having someone perfect for you worth the stress? I love him and he's perfect for me but I cant be happy until I have him to myself only. What would you do?
    Anonymous

• Give him some space. Because if he truly cares for you, he needs to completely work out his feelings for her before the two of you even stand a chance... just my 2 cents.
    paralegalmommy

Answer by paralegalmommy at 9:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Be patient. If he is PERFECT like you say than whatever you have to do is worth it.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 10:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I feel that true love is worth working/waiting for.. Eventually the other girl will get over it and she will move on. And if he loves you he will be there.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Love will conquer. I find when I am doubting my relationship with my husband that if I go do something good for myself I feel better. Something that makes me say when I look in the mirror I like myself and I am worth feeling better.
    susan220

Answer by susan220 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Is there any way he is still hung-up on her? It seems to me like if she is causing issues in your relationship, he should want to do something about it, rather than watch out for her feelings. What about your feelings? Sorry not trying to be negative- just seems like a warning sign to me.
    Anonymous

• rebound relationships always have some negatives. You will have to either ride it out or cut him loose

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• sweetie i would just be friends right now. i know you don't want to hear that but its good to be friends and let him work this problem out with his ex but let him know that you will be there for antyhing if he needs it and he will tell you when he is ready to be with you and that his ex is gone doing her thing in her own life, some guys have exs but they leave on good terms almost like a brother and sister R-ship witch i have alot of guy friends and they treat me like a lil sister and yes i have dated some and matter of fact i even partied with there wifes and was the maid of honor in there weddings and i married a great guy that i have waitted for and i let him know that i was there and we been married 12 yrs
    Anonymous

• Did he tell you why they broke up or did it come from another source? It's possibly he's not over her. When we first got married, this girl called my husband almost every night. When I mentioned "hey, new wife over here", he started setting limits on her calling him and eventually she stopped. Ask him to put you first, if he's not willing to he's probably not worth much more of your time.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It sounds like he's rebounding. I'd steer clear of that relationship if I were you. You expressed that it bothers you that she calls all the time and he doesn't have respect for that. You can't expect him to stick up for you in the future if he's not doing it now.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2008