Do you ever...

buy art for your home?

I love those black and white pictures, but they are always so expensive! (Around $40-60 at Wal-Mart in my area.)

If you do buy art for your home, what is your favorite kind? :)

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 9:54 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• The last piece of art I bought was that of "The Wood Witch" from artist Jessica Galbreth, which is pretty cool...

I really don't have any other art of the wall hanging variety except for a collage of my own personal photos in an eclectic mix of frames. They are pics of my kids and cats and wedding photos. One day I wanted a different look... so I scanned them into my computer and made them all black and white, put them back in the frames and TADA... done!

Find a picture you love and then decide how big you would ideally like it.  Take it to CopyMax or Kinko's/FedEx and have it blown in black & white and then frame it...

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I don't buy much but you can go to Michaels arts and crafts store and buy prints (or a similar store)....they should have a big selection and you buy poster frame separately. Also Ross stores have a pretty good selection for cheaper. Otherwise take your own photos and have them blown up.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My MIL bought us some art for our home. She's also made other things for us to dectorate with (she's got a lot of time, and she's not a bad artist.) The rest of the stuff we have in our house is my Dh's paintings and also some picture frames and things.
    The things my MIL bought were japanese symbols and things, they look nice and we've worked around it cuz we like them. Not sure what I would have picked out if I was the one decorating.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 9:58 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I like unique things, I have African tribal masks, a Mexican headdress, gargoyles ... As far as paintings go, I have a 2-piece painting of a jazz club in Chicago in my dining room. It's oil on canvas, and a little abstract.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:06 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• not much. i usually make it myself. i like to paint/draw.
    recently, on an alligator hunt (don't ask..dh's idea!), i took about 60 digital photographs. when i got home, i checked them out, and picked 8, processed them black and white,did a little editing with lighting/flash/enlargement, and framed them. they look awesome! plus, it means more to me than something i'd buy in a store..it was a shared day with the family, even though we didn't see any gators. go figure!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i did once about 4 yrs ago when we were having a house party and I wanted it too look nice, but not since then, no
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:12 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• we did this time around... we bought some really nice framed pictures at Kirklands because we have some huge walls in this house haha... the one's we bought were from $70 to $120 but for their size and the type of frame it was a really good deal
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:28 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Nope I don't. I've inherited art from my parents and my husband's family. As for Black and White prints.....I take my own photos with a great camera and then blow them up and print them myself in black and white and frame them myself.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:37 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I frame or have my children's art framed. they are awesome. I am also and artist and have my own stuff.
    debyduz

Answer by debyduz at 12:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2010