Do you think the polls are real?

Do you think the polls that are being reported are real? Who are they polling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• No. I remember when Cary was running and supposedly the polls were in his favor and Bush won that one. No one asked me who I was voting for so how can the polls be accurate?
    mamma2bubba

Answer by mamma2bubba at 10:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• True that....The Gov pick the winner...
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• No, I think the polls are imaginary. Really, the pollsters are mythical creatures designed to lead you to a pot of gold. The whole process is smoke and mirrors designed by the "man".
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 10:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I wonder if we had to form our own opinions. We wouldnt be told which was a repub or dem. saw the debates and no comments after,,,,No FOX...No MSNBC...just the candidates own words and our own research

how do you think it would be different?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• of course they're real.
    the real question is wheither or not they're important and the answer to that is no. polls are constatly changing and they have a pretty big margin of error, too and that's why i don't pay attention to them.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• They're real, but the actual question I think you want to ask is "Are they accurate?" And the answer to that is no. Depending on the site you're on, depends on how slanted they are and how they're allowing voting to happen. The same person could click the same candidate 100 times, while another person clicks only once. The online polls are more or less determined by who is on the computer at any given time.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• The polls are real, but they are not a true representation of the American voter's opinion.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 9:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I wish they would call me for a poll....I still to this day know of no one around me who has had this opportunity so the questions is a good one "Who are they polling"?
    Anonymous

• no because the media tells you only what they want you to hear and that's it, there are some that say Obama is ahead and some that Mccain is ahead.
    jennie2263

Answer by jennie2263 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2008