How do I get purple crayon off my white walls?

My little artist thought it would be fun to color on her wall while she was supposed to be napping. My walls have flat paint. I tried the magic eraser, but it took the pain off too and wasn't very effective. Anyone else know of a solution?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Magic Eraser or GooGone

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Googone!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:06 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I've used toothpaste before, it left a little residue though. The magic eraser does take a little paint off, but it shouldn't be noticable if you use less water. Barely get it wet at all.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 10:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• ^^^ that
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• ew... flat paint. Are you renting? Most home owners would never put flat pain in a house with a child.

Outside of using WD40- which you can't do on flat paint, and using a magic eraser- which you can't do on flat paint... you should check the crayola website. They likely have further instruction.

You may just need to repaint. Paint is cheap. Better than losing a deposit on a place!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Try baking soda and warm water. I had that problem,
    and that seemed to work the best for me.
    lbjd457

Answer by lbjd457 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Kilz primer.
    Micksbabe

Answer by Micksbabe at 10:11 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• This is why the magic eraser took the paint off ....not so majickal....

Go with the baking soda and water paste, it will take a little muscle. Toss those crayons and get washable ones. About 14 years ago, before the discovery of washable crayons and that eraser, my little artists decided to color all over my one sons walls... we are talking all four walls. It took a very long time to get that off. While you might think painting over it might solve your problem.. it won't, because the paint won't stick to the wax residue left from the crayon. NIGHTMARE...

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:14 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• hairspray sometimes works too
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Have you tried a baby wipe??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:25 AM on Aug. 23, 2010