Even if you are not spiritual....Billy Graham has hit it on the head....What do you think?

Billy Graham's Prayer For Our Nation

'Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask your forgiveness and to seek your direction and guidance. We know Your Word says, 'Woe to those who call evil good,' but that is exactly what we have done. We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values. We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery. We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wow, that was powerful! I felt it as I read it. So, so true, which makes it very sad. Hopefully sad enough to cause self-reflection.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• CONTINUED:

We have killed our unborn and called it choice. We have shot abortionists and called it justifiable. We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self esteem.We have abused power and called it politics. We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it ambition. We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression. We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment. Search us, Oh God, and know our hearts today; cleanse us from every sin and Set us free.
    Amen!'
    Anonymous

• you know , i hate to think of the slander and hate posts that this will bring, about such a man as he. i've often said i had no idea who would take his place when he's gone; such an icon of true christianity in america,at least in my 39yr lifetime. what do i think? i think he's probably correct, no matter how you slice it.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Its almost scary how truthful he can speak,and how honest,
    as much as it steps on some toes!
    Anonymous

• That is an honest straight forward and very truthful prayer.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• yeah it is straight forward I like it
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• AMEN... very honest and accurate confession of our nations sins.
    livinNgrace

Answer by livinNgrace at 12:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• This is very true..no matter what religion you are.. you can relate to this! Well spoken Mr.Graham!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think he's wrong. I think he's exploiting stereotypes and attempting to portray his morality as the one true morality.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 12:21 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I love that prayer!
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 3:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2008