What does a preschooler need for school? What does a day for them consist of?

This is my DD 1st yr and I haven't heard from the teacher yet. They only have 2wks to go and I don't want to miss sells on things she may need because I didn't know. Please help somebody.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would call the Teacher, that's the only way you will know what's needed.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Call the school and ask. There should be someone in the office with school being only 2 wks away.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• let em go the first day, they will likely be given a list, or you can ask the teacher when you drop off the kids
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• The school should technically let you know, but here is what my son brings to preschool:

2 changes of clothes that are season appropriate (underwear, shorts, shirt), his lunchbag packed with a ice pack, a blanket for nap time, a coat for going outside if it's weather appropriate, in the summertime he gets sent with a bathing suit & towel for water play and I always keep a 2nd pair of shoesthere just in case.

The school provides all the other supplies.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Oh and a day for my son includes, free play in the morning, snack, then circle time, followed by a class activity, then playground, then lunch time, down for rest, up and changed for snack, art project, class curriculum, then playground, and back in the room for free play until parent pick up.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You may still hear from the school before it starts. Sometimes you don't get much notice. We needed to provide a backpack with a daily snack (backpack needed to be able to fit a standard size folder). We also had to provide a change of clothes (don't forget the extra socks!). That was it.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You really do have to contact them and ask. It varies greatly from place to place.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010