Ladies, do you feel spouses need "computer privacy" from one another?

Do you feel spouses need "computer privacy" from one another (email accounts, social networking sites, etc. where the passwords are kept private from one another). Please let me know, in detail, why you feel the way you do (pro or against).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Well .. I have nothing to hide But My DH doesn't know my passwords or get into my accounts..
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I feel whatever I do on the internet or cell phone my husband has a right to. He doesn't do computers so that is not an issue. But I know his password on is phone and I have the freedom to check the messages if I want. I feel it is important to have that openness for a few reasons--1) it helps with the honesty and temptation that might occur 2) why have your own "little private space" that you feel you need to protect--from what and why??? 3) isn't being married about being open and honest? Now I know my husband trusts me--I would never betray that--but all of my stuff is there if he wants to look:-) Now my eBay---I am a bit touchy there:-))))) Just kidding:-)

Anonymous

• We both have separte e-mails but we don't keep things from each other.
    susan220

Answer by susan220 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• we have seperate account, and we have eachothers passwords we keep nothing from eachother, if I didn't know my husbands password it really wouldnt bother me for the simple fact hes trustworthy
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 10:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I don't think that spouses need computer privacy. If you need it then you shouldn't be in that relationship because you shouldn't have anything to hide from one another. I believe honesty is the only way things work. Lying and hiding just get you into trouble.
    MyLoves041419

Answer by MyLoves041419 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• We have separate email accounts and I know his password because I check it for him when he asks me to. He doesn't know mine because he doesn't need to but I would give it to him if he asked. I have passwords to websites that he doesn't know but I don't hide those either. They're written down in our budget book if he ever needs them. I don't see anything wrong with computer privacy unless you have something to hide. If there's something that one's trying to hide then there are other issues bigger that may need to be dealt with other than the computer privacy issue.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Me and SO have all our emails and passwords EXCEPT for our MYSPACE accounts we don't know eachothers codes I allow him to have girls as friends but he gets mad when he see's dudes on my page even music artists!!!! even guys I know from back in the day!!! we are not even friends on MYSPACE!!!
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 10:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I don't need my husband hovering over my shoulder, paranoid about every word that I'm typing. That being said, he has all of my passwords and logins should he ever feel like he does want to look. I believe in transparancy rather than sneaking and spying.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Nope. My husband and I don't have privacy from each other. We have nothing to hide or nothing secretive. I have a myspace, he doesn't. We both have facebook accounts. We both have several email addresses for different uses. He knows my regular password... and I know his. That said, I don't go checking his emails and facebook, because I trust him. As far as I know he doesn't check mine, if he does or doesn't it doesn't matter to me. Generally we try to tell each other if there is something that the other should know.... like if an ex tries to friend us, or sends a message out of the blue.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I don't think it is any different than having your own space in the bathroorm for make up and feminine products. He knows what is in there. You know what is in there.He doesn't NEED to get into the drawer. But, if you find yourself in a position where you need him to get something from it for you, hey, it is no big deal. Same with electronics. Space is space, tangible or cyber. If you need to hide something from each other, my personal opinion is that you don't trust each other. Without trust, nothing else in your relationship is real.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 11:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2008