Do you think Obama will really win???

I am by no means racist ... Do you think that will play a big role in his votes? I know ppl who will not vote for him jus because of that ,which is stupid..He would be the first black president! Do you think this would play a role on his safety as president.. would he be more likely to be harmed buy some crazy redneck???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't want either one of them for President of this country! Gimme another choice! How about someone who knows what is it like to live down here on planet earth in the real world where we think burrowing money from China to pay for Iraq and Walstreet is NOT okay.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 11:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Meh, I'm over worrying about whether people will vote for him for being black or not. And I think his safety is and will be a huge concern to his protectors, but not much more than it would be for a white president.

And yes, to answer your question. I really do think he'll win =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I hope if he wins, that he will not be harmed in any way. We do have a lot of uneducated racist individuals in this world, but I doubt they will be able to do any harm to Obama.
    Anonymous

• I really do think he will win. I am not interested in him winning to say "I am the first black pres" I am interested in the policy making.

Oh, and I will enjoy fox news even more for four years at a minimum.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 10:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I don't think he will win... I think he won't win because he has played his "race card " a little bit too much...
    Then there is the whole Jeremiah Wright business
    As well as his reparatitions for "his people"

I think people want a PRESIDENT FOR ALL THE PEOPLE and Obama is NOT THAT MAN... reguardless of his color
    I wish Colin Powell had ran for presidency he would have done so with Character and dignity
    and you would not have EVER heard him play the race card.
    Van822

Answer by Van822 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I honestly believe if he wins, its only for making history. For one I am not voting for him, cause I dont agree with anything he stands for. I just dont trust him, PERIOD. You know the funny thing I dont think it would be a crazy redneck that would harm him. I think it would be someone of his own color. Where I am from most black ppl that I know personally dont like him, and they think he will ruin the country and I have to agree with them.
    Anonymous

• Yes I think he will win!!!!! They shouldn't base there vote on what race you are but how well you trust your candidate and you are putting that trust that he will lead or country........................Obama's only half black and he wasn't even raised by that side of his family!!!!
    Anonymous

• Yes, I believe Obama is going to be the next President of the US.
    Mrs_Bonsta

Answer by Mrs_Bonsta at 10:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i don't know who will win, my hub and i have a $100 bet on the outcome...but to clear up something, i don't think its correct to blame some crazy redneck on harming the possible future president. there are crazies everywhere, and some of them don't live in redneckville! in fact, having traveled extensively thoughout the south, where we know a large majority of rednecks reside, i can't say i've ever seen a redneck who even cared for politics, much less their politicians.in fact, if someone were to attempt to harm a president, i feel its safe to say it would be someone who was very active in politics, campaigns, and labeled as an extremeist, for either side. (little sarcasm, if you can stand it.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yes I do and Im very excited!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2008