Do I have to go to a doctor or is there some kind of home remedy to help me?

I have a sty in my left eye. It's really bugging me but I hate to go to a doc and pay out the butt for something so small. I've heard if you take a cat's tail and rub that on your eye it will help, but that sounds kinda gross. lol.

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Go stand on a corner and say "Stye Stye in my eye catch the next person who drives by!" My grandpa swears by it, and he has 10 kids. Other than that try some drops.. Hope you feel better soon!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I know drug stores sell stye relief eye drops. I don't have a clue if they work, but it might help a little bit. I had a coworker that had a stye in her eye, I know they hurt pretty bad!

You could also try googling it. I hope you feel better soon : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Try washing it with Johnson's baby shampoo.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i heard rubbing a penny on it wil help...
    Anonymous

• Actually I've heard the penny thing as well. Something about copper........
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I took one off by rubbing my wedding ring(mine is platinum) until it got really hot then placing it above it. I did it a few times it was gone by the second day. I have heard of the penny thing as well.

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• The "penny cure" is supposed to be for warts. No evidence that it works for this either. If anything a dirty penny will introduce bacteria and make your problem worse. Just trust me ...wash it with Johnson's baby shampoo.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• seems I have seen something in drug store. I don't think I would rub a cat's tail in my eye. Could cause more problems.
    There are also naturopathic sites on the net that will give ideas.
    emptynestmom456

Answer by emptynestmom456 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 12, 2008