Name Change?

DF and I just got engaged. I always knew I would take his last name, and so would our boys. I was not expecting my Darling Finacé to ask me if I was also changing my first name.

My name is Brigetta Nicole, but I go by Breena mostly. So he wondered if I would officially change my name to it (since I really have never liked my first name.) I told him I hadn't thought about it - but now I can't stop thinking about it. Breena LaJoie (La-Joy) sounds great together. But I would have no idea what to do for a middle name, and I don't know if I really want to change my first name...

Any ideas or suggestions, or opinions?

ExenoRainbow

Asked by ExenoRainbow at 10:38 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Personally, Id leave it as is. Why pay for all that muss and fuss when everyone calls you that already.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Remember it costs to change your name, it is a legal process and you'll have to pay out of your own pocket to change your 1st and Middle names.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:40 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• First name changes will cost you. Only last name changes are included when you get married.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Congratulations! I had no idea you could change your first name too! I wouldn't change mine but if you don't actually use yours why not?
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:40 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I love your name, don't change it!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:41 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Also your boys taking your DF's last name is a legal adoption process, again money involved AND their legal father has to sign away his legal rights.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:45 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I like your name. So I would say don't change it.
    lbjd457

Answer by lbjd457 at 10:46 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i would stick with the name you momther gave you and just go by your nick name. whay does he want you to change your first name?!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:46 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• it will cost you to change your first name so just stick with the name your mother gave you and go by your nickname.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I've never heard of anyone changing their first names at marriages, but I do know that changing your first name costs money. My name before marriage was Kayla Regina Reaves, but I dropped my middle name and now my name is Kayla Reaves Richards.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010