mothers of misscarrages!

I just had my first misscarrage i feel terrible and sad and angery and so empty im having a hard time cooping it just happend on saturday if you had a misscarrage did you do anything to honor your baby if so like what and for weeks i keep dreaming bout the baby and calling her madison if it was a girl but now i feel like it was would it be wrong to name our baby! how do i learn to deal with it im so heart broken!

saadamarie

Asked by saadamarie at 10:45 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There's nothing wrong with giving your baby a name... When i lost mine i gave them all a name and made them a special scrapbook page as well with whatever u/s pics i had.. there was one that I didn't have pics for but i still made the page. Always remember their bday as well... as time goes on it will get easier. ((hugs))
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 10:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Well I was very upset too, so much so they had to give me a sedative, I had tried for 4 yrs. But, I just got my self together and started all over ag. I didn't name it bec i didn't know a sex. I was working so after a week went bk to work and just tried to get bk in my routine. Try not to dwell on it and you'll get pregnamt ag, it's common, yet a heartbreat. Sorry for your loss.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It is NOT wrong to name your baby! It helps with closure.

I got a memorial tattoo. Angel wings with a halo and baby feet between the wings. Its on my chest, left side .. close to my heart
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My hubby got me one of those birthstone baby charms in the shape of an angel. It is really hard the first month or so. We didn't know if it would've been a boy or girl so on my mother's ring and bracelet it just says "baby". It takes time, but you will recover. Try to get out and go for a walk. Get your hair done if you want. The silver lining is you will be more fertile now so when you feel ready to try again it should be easier. Virtual hugs mama. PM if you ever just want to talk.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• The baby I miscarried at two months I feel was a boy is names Cesar Ramses. Im sorry for your loss.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 10:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• huggingI'm so sorry for your loss and I had my first mc about 2 weeks ago. I feel the same way as you did but the support of my son and husband I didn't feel so much angry anymore. But I aslo got some really great support from here too. There is a group I found called miscarriage support and all these moms have been thougth what we have and it greats talk to them and sharing your feelings because they all have been there.  Having this support group and my family has help me out and us out alot because I don't feel alone in all of this. We didn't go anything to horror the loss of about baby but we keep the babies memory alive in our hearts and prayer the next time it will be a succes.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:54 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I miscarried at 12 weeks in 2009 but it didn't effect me like that. I was more relieved than anything because the miscarriage was really painful, I was just happy it was over. It was months before I really thought about it. I still think about that baby and what he/she would have looked like or how our lives would have been with that baby but since then I went on to have a normal pregnancy. My son is almost 6 weeks old now and I have 4 other kids so I don' have time to dwell I guess.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:54 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I made a homemade, handmade memory box for each of my angels. you can use any box you like, from a shoebox to a wooden chest. whatever will be meaninful for you. i decorated mine with things that meant something to me like the hopes and dreams for my child and thier life that was not meant to be. inside i placed anything i had from the pregnancy, U/S pictures, the positive test, drs note, anything at all. including my hospital band when i was in the hospital . will it totally ease your pain right away . sorry no. but it helps you feel like you are truly honoring the memory of your child and honoring the love you will always have. and in time, that memory box becomes something to cherish and remember without being so brutally painful. my heart goes out to you momma. so sorry
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:55 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Naming the baby may help. I wrote my feelings down and kept them, I still have them. I also made a baby blanket just for that baby. I have two kids know and about to have my third, but before them I had 2 miscarriages in a row. It was very difficult. If you need someone to talk to feel free to pm me!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:55 AM on Aug. 23, 2010