ok this is off the subject of kids but here it goes, I am taking care of my husbands grandmother i cook, clean , and shop for her she still lives alone but i go over every day and do the house work and make sure she eats and takes her meds. Is there any thing out there that can provide finacle grats or some assistance to me?

We finacily cant afford me to stay at home and take care of her anymore and a nursing home is out of the question. I am looking for some kind of funds that will help us keep above water so that i can keep taking care of her,God love her she tryes but just cant do it anymore with out help. Any advice would be a great help

rodeomommie

Asked by rodeomommie at 10:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Money & Work

• I'm not sure what state you're in but check with the county and see if she qualfies for in home supportive services. They will pay the care giver who takes care of her and it can be a relative. May God bless you for doing this... I know it's not easy.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• There's an organization in our area called Faith in Action (I think they're nationwide) and they offer a lot of services for elderly, disabled, etc. The do a lot of different things on a voluteer basis like respite care, shopping, bill paying, and more. Their web site is www.faithinaction.org
    It's free and you don't have to even go to church to use their services (it's mutli-denominational)
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2008