Romantic Ideas for a postpartum mom?

My husband and I have not been married quite yet a year and are both still very young and still very intimate. But to be honest. . . This postpartum waiting is killing me ( and him {even more so him} ) And I'm looking for some ideas for a romantic night. He gets off work at Midnight, and we usually stay up until dawn. But I've never been a romantic type of girl so I'm looking for help or ideas to spice up our not so intimate times, to make him know that I'm still like I was, we just have to wait about another week . . . Any ideas or suggestions?

KaileyRoo

Asked by KaileyRoo at 10:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Nothing tells a man "I love you" quite like a steak and blow job.

Am I allowed to say "blow job" in the answers? Huh. Guess we'lll find out.

Seriously, men (for the most part, though I hate to generalize) don't have the same notion of "romantic" that we have. That's why they always screw up so badly when they try to do something nice for them! =D
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• LMAO Thank you. I'm low on steak at the moment, I suppose I'll have to go shopping tommorow. :D
    KaileyRoo

Answer by KaileyRoo at 11:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Anytime!

And I couldn't help but peek at your photos. Your boy is soo cute!! His mom's not too shabby either! =)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Okay, how do I say it delicately...there are a lot of physical things you CAN do (which I think is your actual problem). That said, think back to things you did before you got married and try to recreate some of your dates. Sex therapists actually recommend a "no-sex" policy to get your sex life back on track, so consider this forced therapy. That way when the time comes, it'll be better than ever.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Haha steak and blow job day is in March ;)

You could try some tantric positions I suppose, if you're feeling up to doing some slow sexual things. Otherwise I say get someone to watch the baby and go do something you guys used to do before the baby. I know that always helps my husband and I (been married 6.5 years...going to Pismo and drinking at Harry's is our thing!)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• vaseline and handy J's
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2008