Have you ever..

On the radio this morning they were asking the viewers to call in and share their experiences.. The topic was would you ever date your best friend? If you have how did that work out?.. Did the relationship work or was the friendship ruin once that very fine line was crossed?

Some people called in with success stories other stories weren’t so successful.

Whats your story?

(just for from doesn’t have to be personal)

DNR

Asked by DNR at 10:56 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• When I was in high school, I dated a really good friend of mine. He wasn't my best friend, but we were really close. We had been friends for about three years before we dated. We had always had crushes on each other, but were always in a relationship with someone else. So when we finally got the chance, we went for it. We dated for two months and we broke up. He broke up with me over the internet! He told me that he didn't want to lose me as a friend because I was really special to him, but he was just too afraid of his strong feelings for me. A few months later, I met a new guy (my DH) and we started talking. My ex tried to talk to me and get me back, but it was too late. I had already fallen in love with DH and any hopes of a friendship with my ex were out the window. It was too awkward.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I am dating my best friend. He wasnt when we first started dating but he is now!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:58 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• yup i married my best friend and we are going 8 years strong and counting. we were friends and became very close friends, best friends before the relationship even occurred to us. LOL
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:59 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Me and my best friend were friends for 15 years, he had always wanted to be with me but I never wanted to cross that line. In fear that it would ruin our friendship. Something happen and he was there every step of the way and things happened. We remained friends for sometime afterward but slowly but surely we no loner talk..
    DNR

Comment by DNR (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I met my boyfriend 2 years ago, it was love at first site. I dont know if this answers the question or not but he is my bestfriend so I guess I found one and dated him at the same time..He is now the father of My lil girl..
    mamaof3kiddoz

Answer by mamaof3kiddoz at 11:27 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My BF did not start out as my best friends, but he is my best friend now.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2010