WOULD YOU USE BABY RICE CEREAL THAT A NEIGHBOR GAVE YOU THAT YOU REALLY DIDN'T KNOW OR TRUSTED THAT THEY HAD IN THEIR HOUSE FOR MONTHS EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NOT OPENED?

I HAVE A NEIGHBOR WHO IS ALWAYS BRINGING ME FOOD LIKE CAKE AND A HALF EATEN CARTON ON ICE CREAM I THINK SHE IS WEIRD AND DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE EATING THIS FROM HER. SHE BROUGHT ME RICE CEREAL A WHILE AGO THAT SHE HAD IN HER HOUSE FOR AT LEAST A FEW MONTHS IT IS SEALED BUT I HAVE SEEN SO MANY THING THAT PPL DO YO FOOD EVEN THOUGH IT IS SEALED. MY HUSBAND THINKS I AM WRONG.

jfrancis91680

Asked by jfrancis91680 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ummm,no. Just throw it out.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If I am not comfortable as to where something comes from I pitch it. If it were me I would pitch the cereal.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 10:57 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• if it is not opened or expired, why not. on the other hand if you are not comfortable with it, then just thank her and toss it.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:58 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No way... How much is that stuff these days? $2.00? Its worth the $2 to know that the food is safe. I would just deliver her a thank you card for always thinking of you.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I was going to say if its unopened use it...until I read she brings you half eaten cartons of ice cream? and you dont even know her that well? ok that would be weird if my best friend came over with a half eaten container...so i think she may be slightly off. if it were me, i wouldnt use it.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No. 1. rice cereal tastes bad and is the worst food for babies (its constipating and they don't even have the enzymes to digest it) 2. if i was wary of the neighbor to begin with I wouldn't
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would not give any of it to my child. Especially if you don't know her that well and she's bringing you already eaten food. I would just throw it out.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010