Has anyone felt like this after having your baby?..

After I had my baby I started to feel really sad that I am not pregnant anymore and not feeling her little kicks and movements inside me, now I lay by her feet and let her kick my stomach from the outside just to make myself feel a little better, it's not the same but it kinda works. I always feel so alone even if she is right beside me.. I feel like a completely different person now not being pregnant, and I hate my body even more then I did before, I know it's beautiful because I birthed a baby, but it still gets to me and makes me feel down. Also breastfeeding didnt work out for us as planned so now I just feel useless, anyone can feed my baby a bottle... And everytime I hear of someone being pregnant it makes me feel worse.. Has anyone felt like this? Does it get better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like you are going through post partum depression, and need to get to your ob/gyn asap.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:59 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Sorry you are feeling this way, it could be postpartum depression.  I never felt that way, I was always relieved to be done with my pregnancies, you might want to talk to your Dr and see what she thinks.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:01 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• call your doctor... it does sound like post partum depression.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:01 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• sounds like post pardum hunny. Talk to your doctor and get some help. I was the same way after my first and kept it in and had a horrible time. Best of luck to you!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:02 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Welcome to the club of LOVING being pregnant. Not many of us are in it (or want to admit to it).

Actually not a real club, but I know exactly how your feel. It relieves itself temporary but even the smallests things can set if off again.

Wish I could say more, but then I would have to be anonymous too, lol
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Call your Dr and let them know you are feeling depressed. Only THEY can make a determination as to has badly you have it. It can range from a little "baby blues" to full on need meds for a while. I think I was somewhere in the middle of that range with my last one.

Its nothing to be embarrassed about...usually hormones making you nuts. They have been on a whirlwind course the past year....and they are shifting again.

CALL :) :) :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:04 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I felt really isolated, too, after having my baby. And I also had problems breastfeeding and felt really down about it. I would cry really easily and just wanted the post partum bleeding to stop. It wasn't until months later, when I read an article in Baby Talk, that I learned what I was going through was a mild form of post partum depression. In it's most mild form, you're still able to function, but you're really unhappy and not enjoying motherhood. In the most severe form, it leads to neglect or worse. Keep an eye on your situation and don't be afraid to get help if you get worse or don't improve.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It really does sound like postpartum depression and you really should make an appointment with your OBGYN. I hope things get better for you. *hugs*
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2010