We are thinking of using the name Ansley....how would you spell it?

My dh says spell it Ansley.....I sort of like Ainsley but he says that is if you spell it like that it sounds different...like Ayn -sley...

Any other ideas for spelling? How do you think is the most COMMON way to spell it.

I am not much into inventive spelling, I like typical spelling better.

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 11:11 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Baby Names

• anyway you want, really. Seriously, just agree on one form or another. It cant be wrong. :) Like Ellen and Elyn.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:13 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• with the i

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It seems like you're looking for Annsley... or possibly Ahnsly, Ahnsley or Awnsley...

If you want it said to sound like Ann at the front, it would help to spell it that way. If you want it to sound like awn at the front, spell it so it's obvious.

I've never heard it pronounced anyway but Ainsley, so that's how I'd spell it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:13 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i knew a little girl named Ainsley (long "a" sound) i kinda like it
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 11:14 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes we want it to sound like ANN at the first....so Annsley ......Ansley....Maybe hubby is right...but I like the way it looks with an "i" better....
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Aynsley, Eynsley, Aiensley, Eyensley, Aensley, just some combos i found
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Anslee
    Ainsley
    Ansley
    Anslie
    Ainslee
    Its becoming very poular here and I know several little girls/babies with the name. These are some spellings. All are pronounced Annsley.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 11:31 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Regardless of how you spell it, the kids in school will pick on her and call her names for having a name like that! Do parents ever think of how a name will affect a kid? Why not Harriet, it's just as bad!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Ansley is the proper spelling for it if you want it to be pronounced "Anns-ley" I love the name and prefer it Ansley.

@NikkiVan: I like the name because my dad's middle name is Lee and my mom's is Ann and I am tired of LeeAnn. No one will be picked on for that name. I personally hate Nikki as a name. But, I doubt you picked on for it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• OP-- What about Aisling pronounced or spelled as Ashling? Looks similar to Ansley, but more feminine.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010