Okay Yall... Sleeping did not clear up my writters block...

I'm trying to decide on a subject for my blog... There are literally so many choices, I can't narrow it down and my head starts to spin when I try...

SO, help me out here, sisters!
What subjects would you like to see on my Blog? Give me some ideas...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:32 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Make a list.

List all of the things you want to write in your blog instead of trying to decide in your head which one of them will win the Pulitzer Prize before it's even written.

Writing is a process... and if you interfere with the process (like getting to the end before starting at the beginning) you can't start. If your goal is to write a blog, you're going to have to start by writing... not by thinking about it. Editing comes after writing, not before or during. Then you can decide if what you've written belongs on the blog, or in the garbage, or as a comment somewhere else.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:35 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'd like to see more about the similarities between paganism and Christianity.. dates, symbols etc... forgive me if you've done it already.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:38 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Linda, I have a MILE LONG list! Which is the problem! My bipolar has kicked in and I just can't focus on any one.

Lovin, you are the second one in two days to put that subject out of the blue, so maybe that's where I'll put some time! I love that! But it will take some time to get together! There is a lot of work that goes in to something like that, and I like my blog to be very reader inspired, so expect some questions about that subject here...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I don't read your blog so unsure what you've covered before. What I'd do though is look at your list and see which ones pop out at you the most. Then try to narrow it down.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• what about writing on all the different types of divination? like tea leaf reading, tarot, scrying, plamistry and stuff? I know I personally love reading and learning anything and everything about divination and I have a huge list of symbolism for divination in my BOS I could give you for your blog. or like Lovinangels said you could write about the similarities between paganism and Christianity. have you written about different kinds of meditation yet?
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 12:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Pick ten subjects off your list. Write them on small pieces of paper ... have hubby fold them and put them in a hat. Pick one out.

It's worked for me on several occasions when the brain doesn't want to cooperate.

The meditation sounds like a good idea. I've been having a problem with it lately, so maybe you would have new ideas that I could try. =)

Good luck!!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010