How do I form a friendship with a fellow mom?

I just met another mother with a 2 year old boy at the park, who lives in my development. I was there for an hour talking to the mother and letting the boys play together. She was very nice and friendly and I could see being friends with her since we're both stay at home moms and have toddlers. I just don't know how to start it or how to form a playdate without sounding weird or desperate for friends. Any suggestions?

GuardianAngel27

Asked by GuardianAngel27 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When you bump into her again tell her that your child would love to do a play date, ask her what her schedule is like.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:46 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Next time I saw them at the park, I would just ask if she would like to get the kids together for a playdate sometime. Or if they would all like to come over for a cookout so the kids could play or something.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• just try and run in to her again and say "hey would you like to catch a cup of coffee while the kids play on #### afternoon?" and just go from there
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:47 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Ask her over for coffee or tea, or an afternoon snack, or lunch... while you're at the playground. Ask if she'd like to help you learn to can, or make some freezer meals to share, or make some jam or bread or pasta or burritos or whatever you like to make in large quantities...

Accept no for an answer without giving too much thought to it... she could genuinely be busy or have other plans. Ask again another time, for either the same thing or something different. If she turns you down 4 or 5 times in a row, assume her life is too full or you're not her type...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:48 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Just be honest with her. Tell her your son enjoyed playing with her son and you were curious if she would be interested in ever meeting up for a playdate .. I'm sure that will sound great to her ..
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:52 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If you see them at the park again ask about a playdate or going to the library for kids programs.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010