Should I make a list?

My dd's have a pretty regular schedule. They are 2 and 1. I am 9 months preggers with my 3rd child and my mother is going to take my older 2 to her house for a couple days when I have the baby. Should I write their schedule down to help them with regularity or should I just tell my mom whatever works for her with them is good?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 11:49 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Go ahead and write it down so if she needs it she has the info. But it could be totally different at grandma's house, she might not need the schedule there. Good luck.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• you can make a list, but I honestly doubt your mom will follow it ;) grandparents never seem to follow lists like that, I guess they figure they've parented before and know what they're doing.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would definitely write out a schedule! It will help her to know what they are used to and it will give you more peace of mind so that you can concentrate more on enjoying your labor/new baby. I wrote out a schedule for mine down to every meal! ....I may have had a little nesting going on. LOL
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I know my mom would try to but I dont know if it would work at her house, because they dont go there that often and never without me
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I don't know how your mom is but my son is on a pretty reg schedual too, and even when I give my mom specific instructions she just does what she wants. I think once the kids get back there will need to be some ajustments made either way. I would just go with what is easiest for you.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:52 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'd give a very GENERAL schedule with things like nap time and bed time, and food likes and dislikes and allergies. However, I wouldn't expect anything (other than food things) to be followed closely. I know that when my mom has my kids, she's more lenient with them than we are here at home, so there's always an adjustment period in getting them back onto their schedules.
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'd write a schedule. It will probably benefit her as well as the kids if she does. Messing up sleep schedules and other things might make them fussy, and she doesn't need that nor do they. They will miss Mommy as it is. Good luck with all 3 babies.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Make a schedule. Either she follows it or she doesn't, but I personally would feel better knowing that she has something to go by. My mom specifically asked for a schedule when DH and I went away for the weekend. They loosely followed it, but mostly played it by ear, which is fine. I just felt better knowing that they had something to follow.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes, you can write but don't expect too much if it doesn't work out. Your two little one will know your gone and that will throw them off.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010