how many of you achually buy the school pictures and how many of you achually go to like walmart or something like that to get your kids school pictures done?

My DD will be starting kindergarden on the 1st and I have a friend whos kids are going to the same school. The pictures there are so much money and you don't even get that many. I was thinking of taking my DD to walmart to get her school pictures done instead of buying the ones from school. Does anyone else do this? If so when do you take your kid(s) to get there pictures taken?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I buy a small package from the school and just scan them on my computer. If I need more then I print from my computer, but I usually email family members since they prefer it that way.

Also, my understanding is it is against Walmart's policy to copy and print a professionals picture unless you get a sign permission from them.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Bump!
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I always buy the cheapest package of School Pictures. My dd's school does pictures twice, once in early fall & once in late spring. I only buy them one time.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 12:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I also buy the smallest package if it is a good picture! Then I go to wal mart when the run a special and get more pictures that I actually like and get to be there and make sure they are good!
    lexikimber

Answer by lexikimber at 12:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I buy a package from the school. I have 2 in school ths year, so I will have to go with the smaller packages.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I always get the big package, we now have 2 and I love the memories! Plus you get a cleass picture, and I always get the year book! We are military, so our pic rates are much cheaper, and family is far away, so I like to get one for everyone.......PS the word you were trying to say was actually! Normally I would leave that alone, but ya did it twice, just some food for thought!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I always buy a small package from the school, my kids like having the "class" picture they take.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• We always buy the package for their Fall pictures from the school. Not the most extravagant, and not the cheapest. We make sure we have only 1-8x10 for our livingroom wall, 2-5x7s for my parents and DH's grandma, 8 large wallets for DH & I to carry, plus for aunts/uncles and great-grandparents, and extra small wallets for the kids to share w/ their friends.

If we bought the most extravagant package, most of the photos would go to waste and we hate unnecessary consumerism and wastefulness. The smallest package doesn't have enough photos included, plus I always felt sorry for the kids standing in the package F line when I was in school cuz they were teased about it.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 3:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I never buy the school photos. They are just too expensive to buy for 3 kids.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My son preschool has a guy come in. He is a preschool dad with photography business. He does really great ones. I always buy b/c he stays at the preschool and gets random shots,etc.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 24, 2010